Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do I make the cursor change to the hand when it's over a picture as if it were over a link in a webpage?

I can use javascript or CSS, whatever it takes. The reason I want to do this, is because I'm using an onClick command to change the source on another image on the page, but the cursor remains an arrow pointer, since they are not links. How can I change it to a hand pointer? I've seen the pointers changed on Myspace.How do I make the cursor change to the hand when it's over a picture as if it were over a link in a webpage?It sounds like you do not want it to be a link (anchor tag: %26lt;a %26gt;) so just put a style on the image:



%26lt;img src=%26quot;the_file.jpg%26quot; style=%26quot;cursor:pointer%26quot;%26gt;How do I make the cursor change to the hand when it's over a picture as if it were over a link in a webpage?That's strange. I used Firefox (1.5.0.6) for testing. It changes from the Arrow to the Hand with my exact img code. Very weird indeed.

Report Abuse

How do I make the cursor change to the hand when it's over a picture as if it were over a link in a webpage?Can you make the picture a link? If so, that will work.How do I make the cursor change to the hand when it's over a picture as if it were over a link in a webpage?In CSS:



%26lt;style type=text/css%26gt;

img:hover

{

cursor:pointer!important;

}

%26lt;/style%26gt;



Sadly stupid IE doesn't support anything but links on hover.... Maybe IE7 willl be up to standards.
  • how do i make my relationship fun
  • web hosting domains
  •