Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do i change the link on my website from .html to a /?

In my website i want to change the extension from .html to a forward slash like this /. I want it to do for all the extensions on my pages. If someone can please tell what code i have to insert and where.How do i change the link on my website from .html to a /?make the main page index.html



so instead of www.website.com/index.html



it will load www.website.com/



Then make each other page into a new directory/folder, and each of those called index.html



instead of www.website.com/page2.html



you'll get www.website.com/page2/



you understand?How do i change the link on my website from .html to a /?You can do this with Rule Rewriting on Apache servers.



Here is a tutorial to explain it's usage:



http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/sitemanage
  • ideas for a cool name
  • first kiss advice
  •