Friday, June 3, 2011

Helps me find the link to change the status of the request for my wife now that I am a citizen?



I became a citizen recently and I want to inform that change the immigration status of the request for my wife to requested by a citizen.

I want to do it by USCIS's page but I do not see how.

couldn't it be done by the Internet?Helps me find the link to change the status of the request for my wife now that I am a citizen??If you become a U.S. citizen after your Form I-130 petition

is already approved and it has been forwarded to the State

Department檚 National Visa Center (NVC), you should notify the

NVC that you have become a U.S. citizen. Requests to upgrade

petitions due to the naturalization of the petitioner should be

sent to:

National Visa Center

32 Rochester Avenue

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909

Please include a letter with information regarding your relative, a

copy of your Naturalization Certificate, and a copy of the petition

approval notice. Once the NVC is notified that the petitioner

has been naturalized, the NVC will immediately send the visa

information on your relative to the designated U.S. Embassy

or consulate abroad. To confirm that your approved petition

has been forwarded to the NVC, you can contact the NVC檚

automated recorded message system at 1-603-334-0700 and,

with a touchtone telephone, enter your USCIS receipt number.



?If you become a U.S. citizen and your relative檚 petition has

not yet been approved by USCIS, you will need to notify the

Service Center where you filed your relative檚 visa petition that

you are now a U.S. citizen. You should send the notification to

the Service Center address located on the receipt notice you

received when you filed your Form I-130 petition. Please include

a letter with information regarding your relative, a copy of your

Naturalization Certificate, and a copy of the petition receipt

notice. Call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283 for assistance

or if you are unsure about the status or location of your petition.





http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/A1eng