Friday, June 3, 2011

How can I have an unordered list to have different background colors and be able to edit the whole list later?

I have an unordered list as navigation links. On the active page I have set a class so that cell has a different background color.



The problem is: when I later want to edit the whole list to add or change links the site won't be updated site wide as the list is a editable region.



How can I have different classes and also make site wide changes later on?



Example of the editable region.



%26lt;ul%26gt;

%26lt;li class=%26quot;active%26quot;%26gt;%26lt;a href=%26quot;#%26quot;%26gt;Home%26lt;/a%26gt;%26lt;/li%26gt;

%26lt;li%26gt;%26lt;a href=%26quot;#%26quot;%26gt;Second Link%26lt;/a%26gt;%26lt;/li%26gt;

%26lt;/ul%26gt;How can I have an unordered list to have different background colors and be able to edit the whole list later?I answered your exact same question here:



http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;



Page changes as to presentation is more easily done using an external CSS file linked to by every page. If you want to add/delete content like links that appear on every page, you need to use Server Side Includes (SSI):



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Side



RonHow can I have an unordered list to have different background colors and be able to edit the whole list later?Don't add class=%26quot;active%26quot; use the active pseudo class.



ul li:active

{

/* styles here */

}



See http://www.w3schools.com/Css/pr_pseudo_a
  • hardware
  • long hair cut
  •