Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I take a web link and change the 'wording in the link'?

I have a web link that has my daughters full name in it. I want to pass it along to people (to vote for her in a contest) however I want to 'hide' that portion. Is there a way or a site that changes it to a %26quot;click here' link that I can use? Or am I SOL?How do I take a web link and change the 'wording in the link'?If you are trying to email it, then all you should have to do is right click the link and click on %26quot;Edit Hyperlink%26quot;. This should allow you to change your daughters name in the link part without affecting the actual website it takes you to.



-I looked at your question again and I think I may have not answered your question. If the actual website has her name in it (ie; www.website.com/JaneSmith.htm), there would be no way to hide her name even if you change it to a %26quot;click here%26quot; link. The actual website will still show her name. There is not really an easy way to re-direct to avoid her name being in the address line. You can still use my explanation above if you want to make the %26quot;click here%26quot; link.