Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Change Home page link URL in Wordpress?

First of all, I am fairly new to Wordpress but I have not really been able to find an answer to my question. I have installed Wordpress in order to have a page where I can blog. However, this blog will just be its own separate page, as the rest of my site is something I created out of HTML. When people are at my blog page, I want it to look like the rest of my site. Here is my problem. I have created a subfolder to put my blog in, it is called %26quot;blog%26quot;. When people on my site click on my %26quot;blog%26quot; link, it takes them to my blog. However, Wordpress supplies a link that says %26quot;home%26quot;, yet when you click on that, it takes you to my blog page instead of the actual home page of my site. I can add a page to my Wordpress blog page, but then I end up having 2 home page links. How do I get rid of the one that Wordpress supplies, or at least change the url so it points back the the actual home page of my web site?Change Home page link URL in Wordpress?Hi,



It's usually in Admin page. Reading. Reading settings: Choose %26quot;static pages%26quot;

-Front page displays (choose which page for your front page)

-Post page (choose which page for the post)

If that doesn't help, then this two videos might help.

Goodluck with your new blog :DChange Home page link URL in Wordpress?Since WordPress pages are assembled dynamically from individual bits of code, you'll have to find out which of those bits actually contains the link, and then change it. (Best bet: header.php.)
  • email
  • asp hosting
  •