Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do I change Access linked table DSN with C#?

I am working on a program that is updating a local Access database (.mdb) using

OleDB. However, the Access Database has some linked tables using ODBC. When Access creates the linked table in Access the connection string looks like %26quot;DSN=DSNName;DATABASE=Database...

However, I want to be able to give this program away when done, so I want to be able to change the connection string from the Access linked tables to just %26quot;DSN=DSN Name%26quot; and then the DSN has the source definition for %26quot;DATABASE=%26quot; itself so it is not needed. This way, as long as the user establishes a connection with the same DSN it will work with the Access database linked table.



This was on Google Answers, but they closed before I got an answer (actually charged me the listing fee then closed the next day!).How do I change Access linked table DSN with C#?Why not just change your code to use the ODBC provider, and specify ODBC in your DSN? That seems to be the obvious solution.How do I change Access linked table DSN with C#?do you evenu need know your IP address? If not you need to call someone to your place and fix it
  • What comes in a duvet set
  • codes for myspace
  •