Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How to change computer name?

when my dad set my computer up, he used the name Ash, which is my name.

I dont like it and have something else i want it as



like i went to my computer and changed the name of c drive to what i want but that doesnt change the link for like where everything saves.

for example it saves as

file:///C:/Users/Ash/Pictures/110.jpg



i dont want it to be Ash, i want it to be a different name



when i go to users and right click the name 'Ash', there is no option to rename



what do i do?How to change computer name?Well, it might depend on if you have windows vista, 7, or XP.. or any other operating system.

On Vista (the one I have now), you can change it by following this:

Start %26gt; Control Panel %26gt; user accounts %26amp; family safety %26gt; User accounts %26gt; Change your account name.

You have to make sure you have the administrator account to change other options, but with your own account you can change it without necessarily having it. If you do have an administrator account (which I think you do) all of those options will appear. If not, it will tell you. There it also gives you other options such as choosing a picture or changing password, manage other accounts, etc.



I hope it helps :)How to change computer name?You need to go into the control panel (under settings), and then click on User Accounts. Click on your account and it should present you with several choices, including changing the name.