Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How to change computer name? (more detail)?

when my dad set my computer up, he used the name Ash, which is my name.

I dont like it and have something else i want it as



like i went to my computer and changed the name of c drive to what i want but that doesnt change the link for like where everything saves.

for example it saves as

file:///C:/Users/Ash/Pictures/110.jpg



i dont want it to be Ash, i want it to be a different name



when i go to users and right click the name 'Ash', there is no option to rename



what do i do?



i have windows 7 and i HAVE been to control panel and changed my account name etc, but it still saves as AshHow to change computer name? (more detail)?click on the start orb and then click on your user picture (a screen will open for your user account) click on change your account name and type in your new name and restart the computerHow to change computer name? (more detail)?Here is free program that will do this for you. It is a Zip File Called SetOwner1:



http://www.esnips.com/doc/1e151e93-e912-



Good Luck



The Old Computer Guy