Monday, September 19, 2011

Does anybody know how to change your password for AOL email?

I think someone might have guessed my password and has hacked into my account. I've been on account settings and clicked the link to change the password, and all it shows is a list of my settings and no links to click onto. Can anyone help??Does anybody know how to change your password for AOL email?AOL Broadband Members :



1. Go to Screen Name and sign in using your screen name and password.

2. Under the password heading, click Change.

3. Enter your current password once and new password twice.

4. Click the Save button when you are finished to save the changes.



Web users:



1. Go to My Screen Name and sign in using your screen name and password.

2. Click the Manage Your Account link.

3. Click the Edit button next to the password.

4. Enter the information requested and click Submit.



Information for home networking users (users connecting to Broadband using a modem router):

To ensure uninterrupted service, please remember if you update the password for the screen name used to configure your modem router to also change the password on your modem router. Modem Router password guidelines. Please refer to your modem router documentation for details on how to update the router password.



Notes:

This only allows you to change the password to the screen name you are currently signed on with. To change a password for another screen name, please sign-on using that screen name.

If you have forgotten your current password, see: What if I forget my password?