Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Html help! how do i change the link title of my webpage that you get in search engines?! ?

im new to making a website and i'm using dreamweaver cs3. i've managed to make my site searchable in search engines if you type in the right keywords from using those

%26lt;meta name=%26quot;keyword%26quot;...%26quot;description%26quot;... and ...%26quot;robots%26quot;... but the link title that comes up when you search in google isn't what i want it to say (you know the blue words that you click on when searching for a site and is usually the title). i've tried adding the title i want to appear in search engines like %26quot;company's official site blah blah%26quot; by putting it in the code under %26lt;meta name=%26quot;title%26quot;... but it doesn't work. i want it to appear the same as what i have under %26lt;title%26gt;. i'm probably putting in redundant coding and don't know what i need to put to make this correction.



does anyone know what i'm talking about? can you help me please? i can't seem to find the right online sources to fix this.Html help! how do i change the link title of my webpage that you get in search engines?! ?I believe if you were to remove '- 924 N. Sepulveda Blvd. Manhattan Beach, CA 90266 - Chinese Food' from the title tag, it might fix the problem. I was toying around with a few things, and that's the only suggestion I have off the top of my head.