Monday, September 19, 2011

Please tell me how good this advertisement looks!?

Hi so basically for my year 10 project we have to do a market day. Were selling crepes (like pancakes) and I had to make an advert which we get to stick around the school. It doesn't have to be like a cleaver one with like a message or anything just informational. Anyway heres the link. Be as harsh as you want but please give advice on what I should change.



Link:



http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww275/AriKatsushi/?action=view%26amp;current=Screenshot2010-04-14at94545PM.pngPlease tell me how good this advertisement looks!?If this is a high school project, it's ok.



I would change this:

1. Grey background - not really associated with food.

2. Font - use Arial or Helvetica, you can't go wrong with those. Ask any designer.

3. The headline:

The Sugar

Crepe Shop



Those two lines are WAY too separated from each other, try to bring them closer (you can google about %26quot;typographic leading%26quot; or line spacing to learn more). They also break the continuity for your reader, try this:

the (small font)

Sugar Crepe (larger font)

shop (smaller font)



4. If you decide to keep the gray background, change the salmon-pale pink color of %26quot;Market Day%26quot; for something with a lot more contrast.



Overall you are doing a good work, and I hope my suggestions are not too harsh.

Good luck!