Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I create a HTML link that changes with the directory?

I'm trying to make a website on a CD via Dreamweaver. The problem is if I put the CD in another computer the drive name can be different which destroys my links. Is there any way to set the main directory to a folder so the drive letter wont matter?How do I create a HTML link that changes with the directory?when your website is in your Local directory your images are like this

D:/mysite/images/img2.jpg

But when you burn it to a CD it will change(the path)

So after burning it to the CD it will be E:/mysite/images/img2.jpg (E is the CD drive)

So the source won't match to that.

All you have to do is put %26quot;..%26quot; to the source instead of the directory name.This may vary ;depending on your image's html file location

so it have to be like ../../img2.jpg.



simply looks into your source and replace two dots(..) to every directory



I know it is confusing.try you will find out :)
  • hair transplant
  • losing hair
  •